Friday, October 22, 2010

Mickey Mouse Caramel Apples Gone Bad....

 When we were at Disneyland we saw the most amazing caramel apples! We wanted to try them! They looked like a sinch. ERRRR wrongo! They turned out TERRIBLE!!! Ry even watched a video on how to make them. WE NEED HELP! We really want to make these, and be proud of what we accomplished. How do they make the chocolate so smooth? We think we cooked the chocolate too long, because it melted the caramel underneath it and it was clumpy...oops! Any of you out there who are pros at caramel apples please give us some advice...otherwise we will keep trying and keep making silly fools out of ourselves.

6 comments:

  1. oh this does look SAD!!! I wish I could be of some help...but I haven't ever made caramel apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't help but laugh when I see this last pic-maybes next time?! Poor mickey and minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they used a special kind of chocolate for these. Go to a bakery and ask. I might have even used Fondant (YUCK- I am not a fan of it), or even modeling chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you may or may not know I have been a total Disney Freakazoid my entire life.
    I have watched countless shows on how they make all the treats for every holiday at every Disney park, etc...
    After seeing all of that I have to tell you that there is just "Disney Magic" that we mere mortals cannot re-create - Good try though I love the marshmallow ears!!! You guys are too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a special melting chocolate you can buy from Michael's it is actually priced decent. I love caramel apples and the Disneyland ones look amazing!! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah......Tinkerbells magic dust you idiots!!!!!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete